See all our current available job listings
Nyanga, Cape Town, 7755, South Africa
Friday, 28 May 2021
The Director of Etafeni will report directly to the Board of Trustees and will provide overall administrative, operational and stakeholder management leadership for Etafeni and its related outreach services.
• Accountability to the Board for ensuring that the Mission and Vision of the organisation are translated into strategy and operations.
• Overall responsibility for the smooth and effective running of Etafeni.
• Management and mentoring of senior staff.
• Overall responsibility for the financial wellbeing of the organisation.
• Matric; Tertiary education in Management, Social Sciences, or Community Development.
• At least 5 years of working experience in the management field in the NGO sector.
• Must be a forthright individual with good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational and administration skills.
x4 Board Members
Friday, 21 May 2021
GPAf seek Africans who have the requisite skills, knowledge, experience and influence to drive forward the aims and objectives of GPAf. The new members should be able to complement the current board, bring fresh viewpoints and open doors to funders.
The selection process is open to anyone who shares Greenpeace’s core values and is genuinely willing and able to serve on the board on a volunteer basis with no remuneration, board members are expected to serve for three years, renewable.
1. Understanding of and alignment with Greenpeace’s mission, vision and values
2. Experience in non-governmental organizations governance and board experience
3. Committed to the field of environmental justice, social justice, climate urgency
4. Influential with high-level networks in Africa and African institutions such as continental, and regional institutions, CSOs
We encourage regional balance and diversity and in terms of gender, youth and international language.
Preference with be given to candidates based in East and West Africa, as well as Bilingualism in English and French an added advantage.
Tuesday, 29 June 2021
The General Manager will report to the board of directors, he/she will be in charge of the daily operations of the firm (finance, contracts, administration), and will shape strategic development options helping IPK to grow and thrive
1 - Overseeing daily operations of the firm
Developing and implementing standard operating procedures for all business areas
2 - Providing strategic guidance to support the company growth
Developing and implementing growth strategies
3 - Supports business development activities
Creating and managing budgets, improving revenue, and optimizing expenses
• BSc/BA in Business or relevant field, MSc or MA is a plus
• Additional languages (especially French, German) are a plus
• Hold superior knowledge and experience in all areas of a business (finance and accounting; operations; sales and marketing; human resources; research and development, and technology)
• A strategic thinker with excellent and clear communication and motivational/inspirational skills
Head of Fundraising - Philanthropists, Corporates, Trusts and Legacies
South African Guide-Dogs Association
(Please DO NOT contact the client directly - ALL correspondence to be done via Action Appointment)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Friday, 14 May 2021
South African Guide-Dogs Association is searching for an experienced Head of Fundraising with excellent leadership skills and networking abilities. The Head of Fundraising will be responsible for building good relationships with prospective donors and clients across multiple sectors, communicating with the broader public and internal teams and drawing up plans to ensure annual targets are met. This individual should be well organized, proactive, and have the ability to inspire those around them.
• Strategy and planning
• Relationship Management
• Marketing and PR
• Financial Planning and Budget Management
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
• Evidence of Continued Professional Development relevant to the role purpose and level.
• At least 8 years’ experience in a similar role
• Demonstrable track record of Strategic Fundraising that has directly resulted in increased income for an organisation
• Successful, significant and relevant achievement at management level in a comparable NPO/national/international organisation
Head of Programmes
The Tshisimani Centre for Activist Education (TCAE)
Mowbray, Cape Town, South Africa
Friday, 7 May 2021
The Head of Programmes will coordinate the work of a dynamic, creative and talented team. The position has three major responsibilities – education and curriculum design, senior management, coordination and leadership, as well as networking and extending the Centre’s reach.
• Education: Curriculum design and materials development
• Senior management and leadership
• Networking and extending the Centre’s reach
• At least a master’s degree in social sciences/ Arts/Humanities or related fields
• 5-8 years’ experience at senior management level, that includes budgeting and financial management; report writing and managing staff
• Demonstrable experience in managing teams over a sustained period
• Ability to guide programme implementation and the ability to adapt appropriately to changing contexts
Thursday, 15 April 2021
Philippi Village is seeking a Tenant Administrator with experience with administration and tenant liaison. Candidates should have an idea of how to comply with tenant or other binding agreements, and how to manage professional relationships between different parties. A successful candidate will demonstrate their organized communication and management of different stakeholders through good record-taking, knowledge of regulations and ensuring of compliance from multiple parties.
- Assist with the development of a plan which identifies the optimum tenant mix for Philippi Village
- Assist with the development of a full marketing and stakeholder engagement plan for the property
- Maintain up-to-date records of all Philippi Village units – leased and available to lease
- Build relationships with property agents and ensure they are briefed with the desired mix of tenants and details of available units as a second source of enlisting new tenants
- Provide prospective tenants with details of requirements to lease and ensure completed paperwork is reviewed, their businesses are in good standing and ensure credit checks are completed
- Preferably experience in tenant administration
- Good numeric aptitude
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Can do attitude
- Above average computer skills, with good Excel and Word skills
Partnership Manager (6 months contract)
Thursday, 15 April 2021
Philippi Village is seeking an experienced Partnership Manager with excellent leadership skills and networking abilities who will collaborate with and ensure the long-term success of current and future channel partners i.e., investors, donors, sponsors both local and international. PV’s current and prospective channel partners are diverse, with everything from corporate to government. You will liaise between these partners across multiple sectors, communicating with the broader public and internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of all engagements according to partner needs and contractual commitments.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to partners by building and maintain strong partner relationships.
- Conduct research on fundraising opportunities, writing funding proposals and submitting these to potential donors.
- Writing, submitting and uploading press releases as required.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with all day-to-day partner contacts.
- 3+ years of account management or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive.
- Demonstrated track record of maintaining customer accounts through exceptional service and support.
Communications Specialist (6 month contract)
Thursday, 15 April 2021
Philippi Village is seeking a highly skilled hybrid talent, for the role of Communications Specialist. You will manage and improve all communication flows, within and outside of the company. In addition, you will be responsible for promoting a positive public image of the company through writing, editing, and updating digital information. Tracking content and website traffic, applying knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and adding videos and photos to make content more appealing and attractive will be essential for this role.
- Creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve our business goals
- Researching, strategizing and producing content that can fuel an entire communication & marketing program
- Updating tenants on happenings on the company website and making sure they are always well informed
- Developing PV’s communication (internal and external) by establishing a methodology to collect, store, transform, process and produce pertinent and fresh information.
- Significant and proven experience in marketing content, and social media management in multiple languages.
- Proficient in Graphic design with an up to date portfolio.
- Concise and effective writing skills in order to bring our products’ stories to life with strong social media experience and knowledge
- Creative minded with an ability to conceive interesting ideas and concepts for new content.
- Degree or Diploma Journalism, Media and Communications, PR/Marketing or Corporate communications or the equivalent in work experience
Johannesburg, South Africa
Thursday, 22 April 2021
The Corruption Watch Executive Director reports to the Corruption Watch Board of Directors, and is responsible for managing staff and providing overall leadership of the organisation and its core functions. The Executive Director participates in the “visioning” and formulation of the organisation’s strategy together with the Board.
• Communicates and leads the implementation of the organisation’s strategy
• Oversees and safeguards the financial and human resources of the organisation
• Assures the establishment and implementation of communication systems between and among organisational “departments”
• Assures maintenance of active communications with internal and external stakeholders. The latter includes but is not limited to anti-corruption government agencies, national departments, provinces, municipalities, the South African Police, organised labour, NGOs, business, media and the public
• A Master’s degree in Law, Human Rights and/or Business Administration is desirable
• 10 – 12 years’ relevant experience in law, human rights or business administration, of which 5 years must have been in a leadership position or at senior management level
• Extensive knowledge of legislative environment within which CW operates
International Youth Foundation
Johannesburg, South Africa
Thursday, 15 April 2021
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Programme Officer will provide effective programme, monitoring, operational and administrative support to assigned youth skills development project(s) in South Africa, particularly those projects operated in close partnership with government and industry.
• Coordinating delivery of IYF technical assistance to project partners, including public TVET colleges and corporate clients
• Supporting delivery of project outcomes and deliverables, in accordance with approved work plans, grant agreements, and donor rules/regulations
• Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with project partners, including TVET college staff and national government stakeholders
• Developing strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of projects by identifying
• An equivalent NQF Level 6 or higher Learning and Development related qualification
• Strong, project management skills with a demonstratable understanding of leading project management principles and methodologies
• At least 5 years working experience with at least 3 years combined experience working in Learning and Development Facilitation as well as Administration with a practical understanding of the learning cycle and student-centred learning pedagogy is essential